- I cannot find my power adaptor - I damaged my power adaptor.
- Console resets or has an erratic readout during a workout/console does not show full LCD display in every window
- Heart rate is erratic or heart rate function is not working.
- No resistance change or erratic or continuous resistance change. Resistance is too hard or too weak.
- Wireless chest strap: heart rate is erratic or is not functioning properly.
- Speed/Distance/RPM reading and checking the speed sensor
I cannot find my power adaptor - I damaged my power adaptor.
Resolution: Replace power cord
- Replacement power cords are available from Horizon Fitness. First, determine which cord will work with your product by checking the power cord guide. To purchase the replacement power cord, visit the Horizon Fitness replacement parts section.
Console resets or has an erratic readout during a workout/console does not show full LCD display in every window
Resolution: Weak Batteries
- Batteries in console may be weak (non-programmable models that do not plug into wall outlet).
- Replace the batteries in console with fresh batteries.
- Check the power source to verify proper voltage and the plug is secure
Resolution: Weak Batteries
- If necessary, unplug elliptical from wall outlet. Wait 60 seconds.
- Remove the four screws that hold the console on the mast.
- Verify that the console's wiring connection points are securely connected and not loose.
- Reassemble the console, plug in the elliptical if necessary and check issue.
Resolution: Console power troubleshooting guide
- Note: some products use a power adapter while others use a power cord.
Heart Rate is erratic or heart rate function is not working
Resolution: Heart rate troubleshooting
Resolution: Improper Grip
- Good contact with the grip is essential. Before taking pulse, stop walking and step on side rails and place hands on contacts.
- You may be gripping the heart rate handlebars too tight. Try to maintain moderate pressure while holding onto the heart rate handlebars.
- Try gripping the handlebar contacts over the top, with your thumb next to your index finger instead of gripping it with your thumb under the handlebars.
- Contact heart rate grips are not intended for continuous reading. Rather, try holding the grips for 10-20 seconds at a time for an accurate reading.
- Static electricity can damage the heart rate grip receiver and/or grips and cause either an “HR” or no reading at all.
- Refer to the product manual that came with your machine for more information on the heart rate function.
Wireless chest strap: heart rate is erratic or is not functioning properly
- Electromagnetic interference may be occurring. Check immediate area for causes of interference: florescent lighting, electric dog fences, large electric motors, etc.
- Corrective Action: If the wireless heart rate monitor still does not function properly, contact Horizon Fitness Tech Support at 1-800-244-4192.