- I cannot find my power adaptor - I damaged my power adaptor.
- Console resets or has an erratic readout during a workout/console does not show full LCD display in every window
- Heart rate is erratic or heart rate function is not working.
- No resistance change or erratic or continuous resistance change. Resistance is too hard or too weak.
- Wireless chest strap: heart rate is erratic or is not functioning properly.
- Speed/Distance/RPM reading and checking the speed sensor
I cannot find my power adaptor - I damaged my power adaptor.
Resolution: Replace power cord
- Replacement power cords are available from Horizon Fitness. First, determine which cord will work with your product by checking the power cord guide . To purchase the replacement power cord, visit the Horizon Fitness replacement parts section .
Console resets or has an erratic readout during a workout/console does not show full LCD display in every window
Resolution: Weak Batteries
- Batteries in console may be weak (non-programmable models that do not plug into wall outlet).
- Replace the batteries in console with fresh batteries.
- Check the power source to verify proper voltage and the plug is secure
Resolution: Weak Batteries
- If necessary, unplug elliptical from wall outlet. Wait 60 seconds.
- Remove the four screws that hold the console on the mast.
- Verify that the console's wiring connection points are securely connected and not loose.
- Reassemble the console, plug in the elliptical if necessary and check issue.
Resolution: Console power troubleshooting guide
- Note: some products use a power adapter while others use a power cord.
Heart Rate is erratic or heart rate function is not working
Resolution: Heart rate troubleshooting
Resolution: Improper Grip
- Good contact with the grip is essential. Before taking pulse, stop walking and step on side rails and place hands on contacts.
- You may be gripping the heart rate handlebars too tight. Try to maintain moderate pressure while holding onto the heart rate handlebars.
- Try gripping the handlebar contacts over the top, with your thumb next to your index finger instead of gripping it with your thumb under the handlebars.
- Contact heart rate grips are not intended for continuous reading. Rather, try holding the grips for 10-20 seconds at a time for an accurate reading.
- Static electricity can damage the heart rate grip receiver and/or grips and cause either an “HR” or no reading at all.
- Refer to the product manual that came with your machine for more information on the heart rate function.
Wireless chest strap: heart rate is erratic or is not functioning properly
- Electromagnetic interference may be occurring. Check immediate area for causes of interference: florescent lighting, electric dog fences, large electric motors, etc.
- Corrective Action: If the wireless heart rate monitor still does not function properly, contact Horizon Fitness Tech Support at 1-800-244-4192.